Quality / Health and Safety / Environment
Quality is of the utmost importance to the HM Group and is evident in our product ranges.
- All our products undergo stringent quality controls in order to guarantee safety in use. We are certified to ISO 9001/2015. We are audited annually and re-certified every three years.
- Part of our philosophy entails the recycling of waste products in a responsible manner, taking special care to reduce our impact on the environment.
- We have adopted an environmental management system that is based on the ISO standard.
- As we are aware of the impact the rising cost of energy has on our business, we are continuously improving our production processes for optimal cost-efficiency. A major component of this includes improving the energy efficiency of our production processes and substituting fossil fuel with renewable energy solutions where possible.
The entire HM Group is committed to Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (“BBBEE”). We have incorporated and implemented structures and strategies to ensure that we reach acceptable levels of compliance. BDO, an accredited verification agency, conducts our verification. More information on the BBBEE Level of each of our companies can be found on their respective websites.
Our in-house human resources department provides the following services:
- payroll and benefits administration,
- grading and pay scales structures,
- employment equity,
- industrial relations and
We also have a recognized and accredited training centre on our premises which facilitates various training programmes, such as:
- discipline in the workplace,
- managing absenteeism,
- performance management,
- learnership, and other programmes offered through SETA bursaries and incentives.
We have an onsite primary health care clinic, attending to occupational injuries and illnesses. The clinic also conducts medical examinations, biological monitoring, audiometric assessments and lung function tests.
Many small businesses struggle with the administrative burden of keeping accounting records and statutory requirements up to date. The HM Group allows our respective business owners to focus on what they do best by centralising the accounting function and taking care of the bookkeeping, accounting, auditing, financial management, government incentives, statutory and other financial related and administrative needs.
The focus of our team of qualified and dedicated accountants and bookkeepers is simple - to deliver a professional, cost effective service catered around the specific needs of each business in our group.